– 1 loaf Challah bread
– 4-5 large eggs
– 1/2 brick cream cheese
– 1/2 cup hazelnut flavored/clover/wildflower honey (for cream cheese) + seperate 1/4 cup honey for eggs
– 1 table spoon butter
- Cut notches 1/2 of the depth of the loaf into the loaf 4 to 6 times.
- Cut slices around the notches – make slices 1 1/2 inches thick.
- Mix honey with cream cheese with a mixer until blended. Add mixture to a cake decorator.
- Break eggs into seperate bowl.
- Take 1/4 cup seperate batch of honey in a sealed container, and place into a pot of hot water. Do not leave the heat on. Remove once the honey has become less viscous – like the consistancey of water.
- Add honey to eggs and whisk until beaten and well blended
- Fill the notches in the bread with the honey/cream cheese mixture from the cake decorator.
- Soak evenly in the honey egg mixture
- On a greased skillet (preferrably greased with butter), place your soaked challah slices and brown. Flip to brown both sides. The honey with egg should carmelize and the cream cheese should melt.
- Serve with maple syrup or a blueberry/strawberry compote.